Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dragged back kicking and screaming

This is my new blog, to discuss the reasons why I may move from my reluctant atheism even more reluctantly back into theism, and perhaps even Christianity.

To give you some background, I was born and raised a Roman Catholic. I've deconverted and reconverted several times in my life. The last two times I made the mistake of proclaming my newfound beliefs - or lack thereof - on the Internet.

So all my prior proud statements that I'd finally Found the Truth are waiting out there to bite me on the ass.

During my most recent period of sort-of-atheism I even managed to become a moderator on an atheist website's discussion forums! They're good people there for the most part, but I've decided to take a break so I can think about these things without worrying, "What will "Biff the Sarcastic" say about my leanings towards theism?"

I think I tend to worry too much about what other people will think. That's pretty much the history of my conversions/reconversions/deconversions - I'm afraid to just say what I think and damn the torpedos or guilt trips that ensue.

And lest anyone think I'm attacking atheists, I'm not - there are definitely theist versions of Biff the Sarcastic out there, who salivate at the slightest hint of perceived heresy. I've provided a lot of raw meat for the Biffs out there!

And here I go again - just letting it all hang out, here on the Internet for everyone to read. Though given the low hit count on my other blogs, I'm not too worried.

Next: Is it curtains for my atheism?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home